How to restore a bricked Digi XBee module?
- Take the module out of the interface board (e.g. SparkFun XBee Explorer).
- Connect the interface board to the computer.
- Open X-CTU.
- Select 115200 Baud and go to the “Modem Configuration” tab.
- Set the Always update firmware checkbox.
- Select proper modem from drop down menu.
- Select proper function set and firmware version from drop down menus.
- Click on the Write button. After a few seconds you will get an info box. At this point, CAREFULLY insert the module into the interface board.
- You may get the info box again a short while after, just use the reset button on the interface board or if the board has no reset button then make a short connection between RST and GND with a wire. If this still not works, start from the beginning again.
Guide with pictures on Instructables.com
Another video guide on YouTube.com