Configurator for TMC220x
With the TMC220x Configurator you can change the settings and program the OTP memory (One-Time-Programmable) of a Trinamic TMC2208 or TMC2209 via the UART interface.
To run the program:
- Install ScriptCommunicator
- Download TMC220X.scez
- Start the TMC220X.scez file with the ScriptCommunicator:
ScriptCommunicator TMC220X.scez or manually open the script and start it
- Choose the chip: TMC2208 or TMC2209
- Choose the serial port and click Connect
- Modifications in the Configurator are directly transmitted
- The OTP bits can be programmed only one time.
- If you enable spreadCycle then TOFF cannot be 0 (null).
- If you start the script via the ScriptCommunicator window manually, then do not connect the serial port in the ScriptCommunicator window, because otherwise the script cannot open the port.
You can use every RS232 serial adapter with 0-5V logic levels (e.g. FTDI-Breakout) and
the SilentStepStick Tester/Programmer can be used as connection adapter.
- The jumper next to the PDN_UART pin has to be closed on the TMC220x SilentStepStick to enable the pin access via the pin header.
- Open the VIO-VM jumper on the SilentStepStick Tester, if you use the tester on a board or in a circuit.